Thursday, June 30, 2022

ROBREDO, SOTTO TAKE OATHS TODAY

President Maria Leonor Gerona-Robredo and Vice President Vicente Sotto III take their oaths of office today before Supreme Court Chief Justice Alexander Gesimundo at the historic Barasoain Church in Malolos, Bulacan, at exactly 12:00 noon.


At 4:00 p.m., at the Quirino Grandstand at the Luneta, Robredo will deliver her Tagalog inaugural speech detailing her vision and program of the government.


Why Tagalog and why Luneta, not Barasoain, where her oath was taken?


"So I can be understood and seen by the masses, especially the common folk, to whom I dedicate my presidency."


The country's 17th president was not relaxed last night, in anticipation of her assumption of the highest position in the land.


"I am nervous and apprehensive of the high expectations of the people, particularly the poor, from my presidency amid the monumental economic problems confronting the nation," he confessed.


She cited problems that have become critical, such as a 13% unemployment rate, double-digit inflation, peso depreciation, acute food shortage in El Nino-stricken Mindanao, and rising criminality.


But Robredo said she will do his best to reverse the odds and win. "The people have chosen me to be their captain ball, and I am now holding the ball. I will do my best to score and win."


"With Tatay Digong (President Duterte) as my coach, and Lolo Erap (Former President Estrada) as my team adviser, I believe we can win even in the global competition," Robredo said.


Robredo begins his day early this morning in meditation at the tomb of her husband, Jessie.


"In memory of my father and in his honor, I will again pledge to serve the people well with dedicated, honest, and clean public service, as I had done in the past," the new President of the Republic of the Philippines, Leni Gerona Robredo, vowed.


http://www.newsflash.org/199806/hl/hl000746.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment